Engineering Quest # 1 - Spaghetti towers
Each group or person gets:
- 20 pieces of spaghetti (dried)
- 1 marshmallow
- 1 yard of string (36 inches)
- 1 yard of tape (36 inches)
Build the tallest freestanding tower you can using only these materials
You do NOT have to use all the materials.
How tall is your tower?
- What was the hardest part of this challenge? Easiest? What have you learned?
- Why is testing so important? What would you do differently if you had the chance to rebuild the tower?
|JG's structure (We did a family challenge - all of us participated!)|
|SG's structure - she later said it was for fishing!|
|MG's structure ultimately did not stand on it's own, but it was a great try!|